Obtaining a Polish passport based on descent involves a process known as “confirmation of Polish citizenship.” If you have Polish ancestry and can prove your descent from Polish citizens, you may be eligible to apply for confirmation of citizenship, which can then lead to obtaining a Polish passport. Here is a general guide on how to go about the process:
1. Gather Required Documentation:
- Collect documents proving your Polish ancestry, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, and other relevant records.
- Obtain documents related to your Polish ancestors, such as their birth and marriage certificates, and any documents that confirm their Polish citizenship such as records of military service in the Polish army, expired or valid Polish passports or Polish national ids.
2. Check Eligibility:
- Verify your eligibility for Polish citizenship by descent. In many cases, eligibility is based on having at least one Polish parent or grandparent.
- It is also necessary to prove that Polish citizenship was not lost by any of your Polish ancestor descendants and was passed all the way to you.
3. If you plan to fill the application yourself, contact the Polish Consulate:
- Find the nearest Polish consulate or embassy. Contact them to inquire about the specific requirements and procedures for confirming Polish citizenship.
- If you lodge your application via the Consulate you need to prepare full application upfront, including sworn translations of all documents and filling the form in Polish.
4. Hire a proxy in Poland to make the process stress and hassle free:
- Get in touch with us for a free consultation and assessment of your Polish by descent application.
- We will assess your eligibility, review your documents, and advise on the best next steps for you.
- We assist throughout the process of Polish citizenship confirmation by descent by giving you a full list of documents needed for lodgement of your Polish citizenship application, we take care of sworn translations, certifications and filling in all the needed forms.
- We take care of the whole process remotely, on your behalf directly in and from Poland and manage the communication with the Polish Government as your proxy in Poland.
- Once we are issued with all your Polish documents in original, they will be posted to you and you can apply for your Polish passport.
5. Wait for Processing:
- The processing time for confirmation of Polish citizenship can vary depending on the complexity of your case.
6. Receive Decision:
- Once your application is processed, you will receive a decision regarding the confirmation of your Polish citizenship.
- If your application is approved, you can then proceed to apply for a Polish passport.
7. Apply for Passport:
- After receiving confirmation of your Polish citizenship, you can apply for a Polish passport. Contact the nearest Polish consulate or embassy to book an appointment.
- You need to show up in person, bring original documents confirming your Polish citizenship as well as your Polish vital records.
Remember that specific requirements and procedures may vary, and it’s essential to check with the Polish consulate or embassy for the most up-to-date information and guidance. It’s also advisable to consult with legal professionals or experts specializing in immigration and citizenship for personalized advice based on your situation.
If you need help, contact us for a FREE consultation:
The process of Polish citizenship confirmation can be complex, so having accurate and complete documentation is crucial. If you are not sure if the evidence you have is enough, please contact us for a free consultation. Our friendly Polish Citizenship Experts will assess your situation and case and advise on the best next steps for you. If you are interested in our services, we will be able to issue you a non-obligatory quote for our assistance.
We also offer research services in case you don’t have any or enough evidence. What we do, we take care of your application from the very beginning till the very end, until you hold your Polish passport in your hand.
Check if you qualify and contact us for a FREE consultation of your case. You can fill in our Contact form on our website, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call phone / WhatsApp / Signal + 48 509 374 209